Ms. Garcia is an experienced litigator who concentrates her practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis on wrongful death, personal injury defense, insurance defense, and employment law cases involving the EEOC.
Prior to joining Royston Rayzor, Mr. Garcia served as a Felony Prosecutor with the Bexar County District Attorney's Office. While there she successfully prosecuted numerous felony and misdemeanor cases.
Ms. Garcia also served as General Counsel to the Honorable Trey Martinez Fisher for the 79th Legislative Session. During her time at the State Capitol she drafted legislation, committee substitutes, and floor amendments; and advised on pending legislation in the Committees on Civil Practices and State Affairs.
Ms. Garcia is a native of San Antonio and an active member in the community. She has been invited numerous times by schools and organization such as UTSA, the Valero Mentor Program, the St. Mary’s Minority Pre-Law Symposium, the Edgewood Independent School District, and the Mexican American Bar Association to speak on topics of higher education and women in the law.
Publications & Speeches
- Comment, The Paper School House: The Business of Texas Charter Schools and Their Effect on the Minority Student Population5 Scholar: 259 (2003)
- Essay, Fordice, United States v. (1992), The Oxford Companion to the Supreme Court of the United StatesOxford University Press (2005)
- Article, Co-Author, The Effect of Outsourcing on ImmigrationThe Texas Minority Counsel (2005)
Honors & Distinctions
American Bar Association & Bureau of National Affairs, Award for Excellence in Study of Labor & Employment Law, June 2004
Hispanic National Bar Moot Court Competition, National Title of Best Oralist, Alburquerque, New Mexico, March 2004
Editorial Board Member, The Scholar: St. Mary's Law Review on Minority Issues 2003 - 2004; Staff Writer 2002 - 2003
- St. Mary's University of Law, San Antonio, Texas, Juris Doctor, May 2004
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, Bachelor of Science May 1999, Psychology
Memberships & Affiliations
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Corpus Christi Bar Association