Mr. González was born in Brownsville and the Rio Grande Valley and is proud to have been practicing law there for 22 years. At present, he concentrates his practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis on wrongful death, product liability, trucking, and other general liability and commercial claims. Since joining Royston Rayzor, Mr. González has had significant experience with trials involving product liability, premise and construction defect, transportation, employment, shipyard liability, and maritime and non-maritime wrongful death and personal injury.
Mr. González’s trial experience began in the Cameron County District Attorney’s Office, where, from 1993 to 1996, he rose to First Chair Felony Prosecutor, successfully prosecuting to verdict criminal cases ranging from misdemeanors to capital murder. This experience helped shape his comfort in the courtroom, as he continues to actively try civil cases to verdict.
Fluent in Spanish, Mr. Gonzalez brings an authentic local presence to South Texas litigation and understands the culture. His strategies are founded on common sense, facts, and fairness, and he is unafraid to go to trial if necessary to find legal solutions. His clients have described him as an aggressive litigator who always maintains a relaxed professionalism both in and out of the courtroom.
In addition to his trial practice, Mr. González counsels business organizations and banks regarding commercial transactions and development. He currently serves as an alternate magistrate for a municipality as well.
- October 24, 2016
Honors & Distinctions
Languages: Spanish (fluent)
- Admiralty and Maritime
- Business and Commercial Litigation and Counseling
- Construction Litigation
- Environmental and Toxic Torts
- Insurance Coverage and Litigation
- Labor, Employment, OSHA, and Discrimination Disputes and Counseling
- Personal Injury Defense: General Liability, Product Liability, and Insurance Defense
- Thurgood Marshall School, Texas Southern University, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- University of Texas at San Antonio, B.B.A., Finance, 1990; Omicron Delta Epsilon; Recipient, American Jurisprudence Awards; Who's Who Among American Law Students; Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges; Outstanding College Students of America
- Law Clerk to 133rd District Court of Harris County, Texas, Judge Lamar McCorkle, 1992
- First Chair Felony Prosecutor, Cameron County District Attorney's Office, 1993-1996
Texas, 1993 U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Texas All Texas Trial and Appellate courts
Memberships & Affiliations
- Cameron County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Cameron County Young Lawyers Association
- Brownsville-Port Isabel Propeller Club
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Advisory Board Member to the Children's Museum of Brownsville