Ms. Morris is of counsel with the firm and is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. She represents businesses and city and state governments in all aspects of employment law and litigation. Ms. Morris is located in the Corpus Christi, Texas office, but her practice extends to Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Laredo and the Rio Grande Valley.
She has experience representing clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Texas Workforce Commission, United States Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Texas Medical Board and Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
Ms. Morris practices in both state and federal courts defending employers in various matters including discrimination, retaliation and wage and hour claims.
She also conducts training for employees and management, creates and revises policy and safety manuals and advises management in the day to day management of employee. She also performs various types of audits related to personnel matters including wages and I 9’s. Ms. Morris also represents and advises non-profit corporations and home owners’ associations in various matters.
Myra Morris is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell and has been named a Texas SuperLawyer.
- University of Houston, J.D., 1990
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 1982
- Advocate of the Year, 1990
- Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges Inter-scholastic National Mock Trial Winner, 1990
- Law Clerk for the Hon. Edward E. de Ases, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, Corpus Christi Division
Texas, 1991 U.S. District Court for the Southern,Western, and Northern District of Texas U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Memberships & Affiliations
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- State Bar of Texas (Labor and Employment Section)
- Board Certified - Labor and Employment Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- President of Coastal Bend Women's Lawyers Association (2015 -2016)
- Corpus Christi Human Resources Management Association
- Member, Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Elected as the President elect for the Texas Women Lawyers for 2019 - 2020.